Tuesday 7 April 2009

'JAAG'RAN

Dis all started few hrs back when my room partner nishantji amusingly informed me of 'Jagran' due 2 start 2day evenin jst outside our hostel..Okay,i said n then absent mindedly askd wat do people xactly do in dis..
Seemingly,sensing a chance 2 knock me out of my senses,he appraisd me of d music 'they' wil b playin usin bhopus(loudspeakers) n dat too d whole nite!!!..

Word 'Furious' wont xactly describe my reaction.. Bt,desperately workin word 2 keep my cool,i argued,'sirji,dis z delhi..Here its not permitted 2 play music aloud aftr 11 pm max'..

D way he smiled n gesticulated passed me d most obvious answr n i got pissed off...Startlingly,i heard myself announcin dat i wil b callin 100 if jagran realy continues beyond 11 pm..

Now,aftr few hrs,m sure i wont b doin dat..Its as futile an act as pushin a wall...In a country like india,even law enforcers dont hve d courage or d will 2 interfere in such issues...

Wtevr,wat exactly puzzles me z d motive behind these 'jagrans'..
Is it to enlighten d whole community in a single sitting,to purify every soul by makin them listen 2 incomprehendable verses in sanskrit ??

Wtevr,it is..Faith/busines/pre-election sentiments evokin drama..I feel it must not create nuisances publicaly esp durin nite time...
Large scale loud display of faith itself erodes its basic essence..
May d almightly grant us d strength 2 identify n follow d righteous path... N restrain people 2 use JAGRANS as 'JAAGO RE' misadventures..

1 comment:

  1. the post is humorously articulated.

    there's a way out ! (maybe)
    the Govenment can book/reserve a few places where people can do such Jaagrans and others where , they cannot based on local opinion.
    In any case, using Mike is something that can avoided in all circumstances, atleast that's not the traditional way of doing it!!
    there used to be no mikes 30 years before !!
    I'm sure sometime, we can (by becoming an active participant in a local jaagran) convince the organizers of this trivial point. I'm really hopeful :)
    We will try it when we are staying together in a locality and can join the local people organizing it !

    ReplyDelete